Tripp loves lasagna! We tried gluten free lasagna noodles! yeah! Regular lasagna noodles hold up better for day 2 eating but these GF noodles work like a charm!
1/2 pound sweet italian sausage (out of casing)
1 pound lean ground beef
1 small onion chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
32 oz Grandma's Sunday Sauce
1 tablespoons white sugar
1 tablespoon fresh basil leaves chopped
1 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
16 ounces ricotta cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 pound mozzarella cheese shredded
1 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 box lasagna noodles
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- cook sausage, ground beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat until well browned. Mix with 16 oz pasta sauce.
- Chop basil and chop parsley into small confetti.
- Once Lasagna assembled, Cover with foil: to prevent sticking, either spray foil with cooking spray, or make sure the foil does not touch the cheese.
Tripp and Finn's Jobs:
- In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese with egg, most of the parsley and basil (leave a little bit to sprinkle on top), sugar, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, and 1/2 tspn salt.
- Assemble spread about 1 1/2 cups of Grandma's Sunday in the bottom of lasagna pan. Arrange 6 noodles lengthwise over pasta sauce. Top with Grandma's Sunday Spread with one third of the ricotta cheese mixture. Top with a 1/4 of mozzarella cheese. Spoon 1 1/4 cup meat sauce over mozzarella, and sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Repeat 3 layers, and top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes. Remove foil, and bake an additional 10 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!!!!